- our own identity within the local and global community
- basic human rights as well as forms of exploitation and injustice
- conflicts and how they can be caused, prevented and resolved
- sustainable solutions for environmental and development issues
CISV educational principles
- We appreciate the similarities between people and value their differences.
- We support social justice and equality of opportunity for all.
- We encourage the resolution of conflict through peaceful means.
- We support the creation of sustainable solutions to problems relating to our impact upon each other and the natural environment.
Building Global Friendship
The possibility of becoming friends with people of different backgrounds and life experiences is an essential part of CISV peace education. The situations on our programs encourage us to consciously consider and question our own attitudes and values. In this way, we are expanding our view of the world, increasing our self-awareness and being more aware of the needs of others. CISV is confident that promoting friendships between people of different nationalities, genders, age groups, appearances, cultures and classes is an essential building block for peace.
CISV participants make friends around the world to learn from each other and take positive action to a more just and peaceful world.