Your participation in a CISV program is not simply a holiday pastime. CISV is more. Get to know a small part of the world, exchange experiences with peers, learn about foreign cultures, develop your personality, become independent, develop a stronger awareness of global issues, and improve your English skills by the way. Each CISV program is based on tried and tested concepts of “experiental learning”, which means that you gain new experiences and adapt to new skills – in your own way.
Included in the camp fee is;
- Overnight accommodation in double rooms or dormitories
- Full catering (CISV has mandatory minimum standards, dietary requirements are taken into account)
- International fees (This helps pay for the admin costs)
- Obligatory CISV insurance
- Training weekend (for leaders and international participants)
Villages and Step Ups also include stays with host families with no additional costs, since the host families are volunteers.
Additionally, you have to calculate
- Travel expenses
- Proportionate travel expenses for the leader
- Possibly visa
- Possibly vaccinations
- Pocket money, host family/staff gifts, souvenirs