In order to grow, we are always looking for leaders to accompany our “delegations” of youth between 11 and 15 years on our programmes. Leaders for international programmes must be at least 21 years old at the start of the programme, for Project GB leaders must be at least 19 years old.
CISV is a voluntary organisation, so we can not pay you anything, at the same time there is no cost for you; training, travel, food and accommodation are provided.
We can issue a testimony about your activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You are accompanying a group of 4-7 youth between the ages of 11 and 15 to a up-to-4-week CISV programme
- Support the youth to participate in the CISV programme
- During the programme you will planning and coordinating activities, games and small demonstrations with the staff and the other leaders
- You may prepare scrapbooks with the youth and their families
- You may create an interactive presentation of your home country with your delegation.
- You may prepare a “cultural activity” with your delegation. This activity links your country to the camp theme
- You actively participate in compulsory training that will prepare you for your tasks as best as possible
- You are holding preparatory meetings with the families of the youth and take part in preparing the whole family for the CISV experience
- During the program you are the sole communication interface between the camp and the parents of the youth
- Fond of children; Enjoy being there for them and working with them
- Strong nerves and the ability to keep calm even in difficult situations
- Good organizational ability
- Good communication skills - with children as well as adults
- Good English skills
- Openness to other cultures, world views, religions, ...
- Do not be afraid of traveling
Our Offer To You
If you feel joy and enthusiasm in working with and for children, then we offer you an experience that will shape you all your life. You are part of a CISV program in which children or young people are brought to a life without cultural or national differences. You grow in your responsibility for your delegation. You experience teamwork while planning with the leaders group. You will find a lot of new friends and have great international and intercultural encounters.
Interested? Contact your Local Chapter.